- 1 package of stew beef
- 2 cartons of Swanson’s Beef broth (32 oz.) or store brand (I have used Food Lion brand)
- 1 quart of your whole canned tomatoes or 32 oz. from the grocery store
- 1 package of Hanover frozen veggies or your garden veggies from your freezer
- 2 -3 small potatoes cubed
- 1/4 box of elbow macaroni (optional)
- 1 cup water
Brown your beef in a tablespoon of butter or margarine. Drain, remove from skillet and place on a cutting board. Add your tomatoes, 1 carton of Beef Broth and 1 cup of water to a stock pot and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. (You can cut up your tomatoes before placing them in the pot if you like smaller pieces).
While tomatoes are simmering, cut beef into bite size pieces. Add beef and additional broth to pot and simmer for 30 minutes. Peel and cut potatoes into cubes. Rinse and add to pot. Simmer until almost done. (You don’t want them to be completely done or they may get mushy). Add frozen vegetables and simmer until all vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir pot occasionally. Add 1/4 – 1/2 box of elbow macaroni and simmer until tender. Season to taste.
This soup gets better if it sits for a few days. You can freeze it in mason jars or soup containers for a quick and healthy meal. It’s Yummy!