Mallards in my wet weather streambed
Spring has finally arrived! I am so ready for warmer weather. First, snow hit us hard this winter in my part of the world. Snow is great for removing impurities from the air. Furthermore, it is beautiful when it is falling and fresh. Snow loses its luster for me when it needs to be shoveled or plowed. It turns into work.
Second, I love having something to look forward to. So, spring brings me back to life after a cold dreary winter. Have you noticed that things come alive in the spring? The earth gives birth. At least, that’s how I feel about spring. Also, I feel alive and excited. Why, because the birds will be singing, trees will be blooming, flowers emerging, lawns turning green and the list goes on. As a result, this is why Spring is a favorite time of year for me.
The one drawback is my allergies, but lets not dwell on this con. Here’s a few other reasons to love spring:
- I never know what I will find in my backyard – Like the mallards swimming in my wet weather stream bed and the Robin’s egg below.
- Winter clothes are traded for lighter clothing and brighter colors – Sweaters, boots, winter coats and hats are traded for lighter clothes.
- Days become longer – Longer days mean more time outside.
- Vacations and getaways are considered – Vacation spots are considered.
- Backyard BQs are planned – The grill is prepared for Memorial Day.
- I plant my summer vegetable garden – My house will be filled with garden pots and grow lights.
- Yard sales, flea markets and farmer’s markets await me.
- Shop for bargain plants – I love incorporating flowers and flowering shrubs into my landscape.
- Clean out closets and refresh my house – Brighter colors and lighter bedding is used.
- Remove debris from the yard and clean the deck for summer enjoyment – Summer furniture is cleaned and placed on the deck and in the yard.
Finally, I hope that you enjoyed my list of reasons to love spring. Leave a comment and let me know what you look forward to when spring arrives.