4. Pack toiletries in zip lock bags – Pack body wash, hand wipes, toothbrushes, shampoo, toothpaste, sunscreen, tanning lotion etc. in gallon zip lock bags. Take extra bags with you too. I always have one handy for my wet loofah after showering the morning on my return trip. It’s never dry enough to just toss in the luggage, and they’re great to use on the beach or by the pool.
5. Assess shoes – I take a pair of black pumps to wear if I want to dress up, a pair of walking shoes for sight seeing, and a few pair of sandals that will go with my final selection of clothing.
6. Neutral hat – When I’m heading to the beach or a tropical location, I always take a neutral hat that’s made specifically for travel. I can pack it and not worry about it losing its shape or getting damaged. Make sure that it will give you UV protection as well.
7. Pack neutral custom jewelry – I pack my custom jewelry in zip-lock bags and than place it in one of my cosmetic bags. I love the zip lock bags, they allow me to see exactly what I have. With the exception of my rings, I do not take my gold jewelry with me.
8. Take 2 swimsuits and a plastic tote – I place the tote on the bottom of my luggage. I use the plastic tote as my beach bag if I want to head to the beach or pool. I’ve been carrying this tote for years. It can withstand the sand and I can wash it off to repack on the return trip.
9. Pack a wrap or blanket – I always pack a wrap or light weight blanket that I can wrap around my shoulders just in case it gets cold on the plane. I just fold it and place it back in the bag after I land.
10. Roll your clothes – Roll your clothes instead of folding them. It give you more room and less wrinkles. Rolling your items in tissue paper keeps down the wrinkles too.
11. Buy sturdy luggage – Purchase or use luggage that can endure your flight. Make sure your address and cell phone number are on your luggage tag. I also tie a piece of red ribbon on the handle of my luggage. The ribbon helps me to identify it on the carousal if I check it.
I hope these tips will help you pack more efficiently too. They certainly have helped me to keep it simple and light when I travel now.
You may also like: Traveling Solo As A Female