Furthermore, women often loose esteem after divorce. It’s nothing new. They become single parents, they take on the responsibilities of the children, upkeep of the house and everything in between. Needs often go on the back burner. As a result, we become lonely and often loose our way.
So, when we have low self-esteem we have a tendency to look for love in all the wrong places. And we settle for less than we deserve because we think we can’t do any better. I’m here to tell you that you can raise your self-esteem and self-worth. When you do, things in your life will change for the best.
Now, find your self-esteem and self-respect before it sinks to the bottom of the ocean. All that you need is inside of you. We all come from something, but we can’t go through life blaming everyone else for our demise or lack of insight. Here’s my story, I came from an alcoholic background and I was a teen mother. I made bad choices, but those things don’t define who I am. Those things are simply a part of my journey in this thing called life.
These 10 steps will help you discover the new you:
- Develop some standards and principles – These are the things that define who you are.
- Learn to distinguish between abuse and constructive criticism – Abuse will tear you down and leave you feeling worthless. Constructive criticism will help you improve who you are.
- Become self sufficient – Needy people open themselves up to becoming a doormat. Become self-sufficient. It helps build confidence and self-worth.
- Get healthy – When you get healthy physically, it will improve your emotional and mental health as well.
- Get rid of negativity – This includes negative people and negative thoughts about yourself.
- Change your circle – Socialize with successful people and those who respect you.
- Know the difference between respect and confidence – Respect is about what you do, confidence is about how you feel.
- Show respect for yourself and others – If you want people to respect you, you must respect other people.
- Learn to remove yourself from destructive situations – If a relationship is not nourishing or helping you to grow, get out and move on.
- Motivation – Get motivated and stay motivated. Don’t allows others to bring you down. Read self-help books, attend seminars or get a mentor. Just stay in your zone and stay on course.