Looking for a preschool or kindergarten Christmas craft? This finger print Christmas lights artwork is sure to please. The project is easy, fun and messy with a bright and colorful end. It’s the perfect way to capture memories of those precious little fingers. Tis the season and Fa La La La! Lets get those little ones in the holiday spirit.
Here’s what you will need:
- Washable paints of various colors (I purchased mine from the Dollar Store).
- black marker to make the dots on the lights and wire
- wet paper towels for cleaning messy fingers
- White paper or cardstock
Be sure to have plenty of wet paper towels or an old wet cloth on hand. You will want to wipe the child’s fingers before dipping them in the next shade of paint. Lets get this project started:
- – Dust off those adorable little fingers.
- – Next, have the children dip their index finger(s) into the paint.
- – Press their index finger onto the white paper.
- – Repeat Step 3 until you have a string of lights as shown.
- – Be sure to allow the paint to dry thoroughly before you proceed.
- – Make dots on each of the lights with the black marker. (Place several places of paper under your sheet before you use the black marker to avoid bleeding on your table or work area.) Unfortunately, I learned this lesson the hard way.
- – Use a pencil and lightly draw a curved line to connect the dots. Also, write the child’s name on the paper. Allow them to trace it with a crayon.
- – If you have older children allow them to trace the curved lines with the black marker. Otherwise, you can complete the project or help the smaller children with this step.
We hope you enjoy this colorful kindergarten Christmas craft. You may also like our Kindergarten Christmas Tree Card.