Planning a Jungle Themed birthday party? I planned and hosted a Jungle Themed party for Xavier and it was huge hit. Here are a few ideas for a successful and fun filled party for your child:
• Your invitations set the tone. Look for an invitation with a jungle theme. You can find great deals on-line or make them yourself. Here’s the party invitation I had created for my grandson by Little Lady Bug Designs. We loved them.
• Use Jungle Themed table cloths, plates, and cups. I found mine on-line. Depending on the number of table cloths needed, you can use a solid color to compliment the themed table covering. You can find these at any Party Store or the Dollar Store. I used the themed table cloth for the food tables and solid colors from the Dollar Store for the guest tables.
• Decide on a menu. We came up with creative names for the food and drinks, the kids loved it. For example, we had Bug Punch. Purchase spiders and bugs from the Dollar Store. Place them in ice trays, cover then with punch and freeze them. Place them in the punch bowl along with Pop Rocks. The kids will be so excited to hear it crackle and pop as they’re drinking it. Mac and Cheese was Quick Sand, hamburgers were Jungle Burgers, hot dogs were Slim Dogs and the Spaghetti Salad was Snake Salad. Be as creative as you would like.
• We used jungle animals that we found at the local Good Will for table center pieces. After the party, we gave them away to the children and guests. They loved being able to take a jungle animal home.
• Oriental Trading has a great selection of games and party favors at a great price. We also gave each child a box of Animal Crackers along with a Party Favor Bag.
• A Jungle Themed cake is a must. We used Jungle Themed cupcakes. I had the bakery make the icing to look like grass, and then we placed Jungle Themed picks in the center. The children loved them.
• Download Jungle Sounds and play them at the entrance of the party.
• We made signs and placed them in the yard. Here’s an example. We also did Zoo Parking, Party Animals Ahead and Please Don’t Feed the Animals.
• Don’t forget the Jungle Themed balloons. You can use solid color balloons to compliment them and cut down on the cost.
• Be sure to have a few games for adults. We played Jungle Bingo and we had the adults match the Jungle Animal and the names of their babies. For example, Elephant and calf, Doe and fawn. You can find blank bingo cards on-line and enter Jungle Animals on the card. Print on cardstock. We used pennies as markers for the cards.
We hope these ideas will be benefical for your Jungle Themed party. If you have additional ideas or you’ve had a themed party leave us a comment.