Today I bring you a delicious and healthy skillet recipe that never fails to impress. A little about myself, my name is Madina and I’m writing in partnership with Ready Set Eat. On the weekends, I like to prepare meals that I can quickly heat up during the week. One of my favorite dishes to make is Italian Chicken and Zucchini Skillet, a casserole style dish combining unique flavors of garlic, bell peppers, and tomatoes with zucchini, chicken, and pasta. Topped with extra sprinkles of Parmesan cheese it makes the ultimate comfort meal.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- Organic Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 pound of cubed boneless chicken breasts
- 2 medium sized fresh bell peppers cut into strips
- 1 medium diced fresh onion cut into small pieces
- 2 medium zucchinis sliced into discs
- 1 can of Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, drained
- 1 can of Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta al dente, until it is slightly firm
- Spray or coat large skillet with oil
- Cook chicken in skillet until it is well cooked
- Stir in peppers, onions and zucchinis, tomatoes and sauce
- Bring mixture to a boil reducing heat after a few minutes
- Mix ingredients regularly until vegetables are soft
- Place veggies and chicken over a plate of orzo pasta
- Add generous sprinkles of parmesan and allow to melt!
- You can recreate this recipe and substitute the orzo pasta with slices of potatoes. Bake the skillet in the oven for around 20 minutes on low heat. You can also replace the vegetables in this recipe with any favorites of your choice.
I hope you enjoy making this easy and healthy Italian Chicken and Zucchini Skillet it saves me a lot of prep and time during the week.