- 1 beef roast, 2 1/2 to 3 pounds, (top round, chuck)
- 1 – 1 1/2cup barbecue sauce, your favorite or homemade
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves (I use Smuckers)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
Trim beef roast and cut into 4 uniform pieces. Place roast in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over roast. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or until beef is tender. Slice or shred beef then return to juices in cooker. Cover and cook for 20 minutes longer.
*Great for sandwiches on the week-ends or when you need a quick dinner during the week. I serve this with coleslaw, the kids love it with chips.