Planning meals is not always doable. Time gets away from us, especially when school is back in session. Kids need to be chauffeured to activities, home work needs to be checked, and baths given before bed. Somewhere in between we need to fix a hot, healthy and delicious meal.
The solution is 30 minute meals. I use them on days that I have my grandchildren after school. They’re also great on days that I pick my mom up from dialysis. I feed her dinner on those days, and she likes to eat immediately after she gets home.
First, every family has picky eaters. My granddaughter more so than my grandson, but both are picky. Furthermore, fixing meals that everyone will enjoy is key. So, I look for dishes where I can fix a salad and offer bread to make it filling. As a result, this roundup offers a variety of dishes that include chicken, sausage, pasta, and ground beef. These items are staples in my pantry and freezer. I know that I can always find a recipe that calls for these ingredients. Place these items in your freezer and pantry for those days that times just happens to get away from you too.
Here’s a list of 30 minute meals in our roundup:
- Baked Ziti – One pan is all that is needed for this recipe. My kind of meal. Serve with a salad or green vegetable.
- Tuna Melt – Perfect for days when the kids have afterschool activities.
- Chicken Parmesan – Skinless chicken breasts are the star in this recipe. Add a vegetable and you’re set.
- Grilled Cheese Rollup – Nice twist on a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Chicken Rollups – Perfect meal with a salad or green vegetables.
- Easy Stromboli – Put this recipe together and cook it within 30 minutes. My grandchildren love Pepperoni Stromboli.
- Creamy Ground Beef and Noodles – I think this recipe will be approved by kids.
- Garlic Broiled Drum Sticks – Drum sticks are one my grandchildren’s favorites.
- Pizza Casserole – Who doesn’t love pizza? This one just happens to be in a casserole dish.
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole – When I have left over chicken that I can shred or cube, I use this recipe. It’s kid approved.
- Doritos Chicken Cheesy Casserole – Doritos and chicken are the stars. My grandchildren love both, sSo this is a perfect afterschool meal.
- Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper – Great dish for chilly days. Serve biscuits and a salad with this one. My grandchildren love it.
- Sausage, Peppers and Potatoes Skillet – Little Potato Savory Herb box makes this dish quick and delicious.
- Cheesy Chicken Penne – Pasta, salad and hot rolls are always good.
- One Pot Spicy Sausage Skillet – Andouille Sausage is king in the recipe along with Penne.
- Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Crispy Chicken – Garlic Parmesan Penne surrounds Tyson Panko Crusted Chicken Tenders in this recipe. You can find the chicken tenders in the freezer section of your local grocery store.
Finally, these recipes will become you go to. So, when you need a healthy and delicious meal go to your Pinterest Board and retrieve a recipe. I’m going to try the grilled cheese roll-ups first. How about you?
You may also like Fall Snack Ideas For Kids