Our soul is the essence of who we are. Feeding the soul is different from feeding the body. We feed our body to live, we feed our soul to connect with who we are and to make us whole. Are you feeding your soul? If not, we have a few suggestions on how you can get started.
Feeding our soul awakes our passions. A few benefits are releasing stress, finding peace, and enjoying life. It requires us to connect on a deeper level and it’s as individual as you. What works for one may not work for another, so it requires you to connect with you. Find inner peace and getting in touch with who you really are will lead you to what you really love.
For me, I find peace and connect with nature. Its beauty touches my soul. I could literally spend hours enjoying all of its glory. In the spring the grass turns green and flowers come to life. It motivates me to become one with nature and it awakens one of my passions, gardening. In the summer I enjoy the sound of the ocean and fall the beautiful colors.
Just sipping a hot cup of coffee while inhaling the crisp air on a fall morning stirs my soul too. I gather fall leaves for crafts and take nature hunts with the kids. These things illuminate who I am and brightens my spirit. Feeding my soul leads me to my voice.
Here are a few ideas on how you can feed your soul and awaken your spirit:
- Take a long walk/hike.
- Have a good old fashioned picnic with your husband/significant other.
- Go to the book store and buy a book.
- Pick a bouquet of flowers from the backyard.
- Take a drive through the country.
- Plant a garden or a few flowers.
- Listen to your favorite songs.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Curl up with a cup of tea.
- Let go of all things and people that cause you stress.
- Take a yoga or meditation class.
- Light your favorite candle and have a cup of coffee.
- Attend/join church.
- Take a walk on the beach and listen to the ocean.
- Read daily inspirations.
- Watch the sun rise or set.
- Refinish or paint a piece of furniture.
- Have a good cry.
- Go sight seeing.
- Get a manicure and/or pedicure
- Bake a batch of cookies and enjoy.
- Clean out a closet, attic, or basement and reminisce.
- Revisit one of your favorite childhood places.
- Refresh your bedding.
- Spend time with your children/grandchild and laugh.
Start feeding your soul, it allows your light to shine. You will feel rejuvenated, happy, and find the way to great things in your life.
You may also like Slaying Your Dragons With Faith