There are many men who neglect their duties as a father. We hear about them everyday, you know those who deny their child/children, those who fail to pay child support and those who just don’t care. There are others who are excellent fathers, but we don’t spend time acknowledging them. My son-in-law falls into the great dad category and that’s what I’m going to focus on in this post. I’ve watched my son-in-law with my grandchildren over the years and here are a few things that Real Dads Do:
- They provide for and protect their children.
- They give baths and read bedtime stores.
- They bandage boo boos.
- They lead by example.
- They love unconditional.
- They support emotionally and financially.
- They make pancakes, waffles, cookies and cupcakes.
- They attend parent and teachers conferences.
- They shop for clothes, shoes, food and anything else their children need.
- They take off training wheels and teach their children to ride bicycles.
- They put toys together Christmas Eve and any other eve.
- They rock their children to sleep and wipe tears.
- They drop their children off at day care and school.
- They change diapers, fix bottles, and spoon feed their children.
- They take their children to doctor’s and dentist appointments.
I could go on and on with my list, but you get my point. I take my hat off to my son-in-law and every other dad who takes their role as a father seriously, and hope that many others will follow their lead. Who would you nominate as a great dad and what would you add to the list?