Summer’s around the corner lady. We will be storing our hose, socks, and boots, yeah baby. I like winter simply because I love boot season, but I love summer for the cute dresses, flip flops and sandals too.
As I was thinking of warmer weather on the horizon, I also thought about some of the ladies last summer who could have used a few tips on purchasing sandals and flip flops. Lets not leave out the pedicure.
If you’re going to wear flip flops and sandals this summer, please purchase ones that fit. Although flip flops are cute and go nicely with casual wear, they lack support. Here are a few tips you need when you pick a pair or two this summer and ensure you will remain injury free:
1. Purchase shoes where your toes don’t hang over the edge.
2. If they’re thongs, ensure the piece between the toes won’t give you blisters.
3. Purchase as high quality as you can afford since they lack support.
4. Make sure they bend at the ball (upper part of the flip flop).
5. Purchase leather instead of plastic or rubber.
6. Do not wear flip flops if you plan to go on long walks. You will need more support than they will provide.
7. Do not perform yard work in flip flops.
8. Check your flip flops from last season. If they are worn, replace them. Because they lack support and are thin, they should only be worn 1 season according to The American Podiatric Medical Association.
9. Be sure to wear flips flops in pool areas to avoid infections and Athletes Foot.
10. Please get a pedicure and lotion your feet. (This should probably be the first step that you take before purchasing or putting on a pair).
There’s nothing worst than seeing ladies with jagged toe nails that could slice bricks, chipped polish and calloused, crusty feet. If you can’t afford to get a professional pedicure, give yourself a home pedi. Please, do it for me. Thank you.
What do you like about summer? Do you have a favorite pair of flip flops or sandals, and what do you usually wear them with?