I gave up on making New Year Resolutions years ago. I decided to reach my goals by taking small steps rather than making big plans and than fail. The first steps that I decided to take was making myself better as a whole. I believed that I needed to start on the inside rather than focus on losing weight, exercising a hour a day etc. I believe that being healthy is important, but I wanted to ensure that I was healthy on the inside before I moved to the outside.
I spent the last year working on who I was as a person. I must say for the most part I have been successful in achieving a better me. Here are the 10 Steps that I took one at a time:
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Learn to say no and not feel guilty.
- Respect yourself and others will too.
- Embrace your flaws, we all have them.
- Know that obstacles are temporary and you have the ability to remove them.
- Reach for your dreams whatever they may be.
- Nourish your soul by reading daily affirmations.
- Understand “Me Time” and take it.
- Write down your goals and work toward them one at a time.
- Know that success takes time.
Note: photo courtesy of stockvault.net