Are you swimming in a sea of debt? Do you spend more time trying to figure out how to pay your bills than you do relaxing and enjoying life? Here’s 15 signs that you’re in over your head:
- You live from paycheck to paycheck.
- Your savings account has a zero balance and your checking has a minus figure.
- You can’t remember the last time you paid your bills timely.
- Your friends always foot your bill on Girls Night Out and you’re comfortable with it.
- Bill collectors are calling and you tell the kids to tell them you’re not home.
- You hid when your see certain family and friends because you haven’t repaid them.
- You argue with your husband or significant other about money or lack of money.
- You have lost all hope of having an emergency fund.
- Your blood pressure numbers are higher than your credit score.
- Watching the Griswolds in National Lampoon’s Vacation is as close to a vacation as you will get.
- You ignore health symptoms because you don’t have health insurance and can’t afford the bill.
- You think it would be easier to get to the moon than save money.
- You and the kids look like a million dollars, even though your accounts are set to zero.
- If your children asked for financial advice you wouldn’t be able to guide them.
- You search your cup holders, sofa and the washer for change.
Along with advice from a financial planner, my post 15 Tips To Save Money has great tips on how you can take small steps to start saving money. It’s never too late to turn your finances around and start climbing out of debt. Additionally, here are a few others tips:
1. Become committed to leave your debt behind and make better decisions.
2. Check out Dave Ramsey’s book Your Money Or Your Life.
3. Stay on track
4. Get to the bottom of your overspending. You could possibly be trying to fill a void with your overspending.