The holiday season is approaching. It’s the time of year when families gather and thanks are given. I always start Thanksgiving morning with the preparation of the turkey, breakfast and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade as I’m preparing the other dishes. For some reason that parade puts me in a festive mood.
Later that day my home will be filled with children, laughter, conversations of days gone by and the Sports channel will be envied by every other station on TV. An abundance of food and drink will be consumed, which will be followed by a much needed nap. Slice of pumpkin or sweet potato pie filled with scoops of homemade vanilla ice cream will push the turkey and stuffing down and a wish for another nap will follow.
Last, the arguments over who ate the last homemade roll or who drank the last of the sweet tea will surface, and that argument will be followed by who will be cleaning up the kitchen and putting away the leftovers. I love the holiday season.
It’s a tradition in my family for everyone to give thanks to someone or something during the blessing of our meal each Thanksgiving. Here’s the top 10 reasons that I’m thankful in no particular order:
- I’m thankful for my health and being able to live another year.
- I’m thankful for my daughter, grandson and granddaughter. They have made me the proudest mother and grandmother in the world.
- I’m thankful for a roof over my head and food in my mouth.
- I’m thankful for a family who loves me unconditionally.
- I’m thankful for the fresh air that I take in everyday and the beauty that surrounds me.
- I’m thankful for friends who put up with me even when I’m on their last nerve.
- I’m thankful for parents who gave disciplined me, gave me an education and prepared me to survive in this world.
- I’m thankful for the struggles that I have endured in my life. They have made me a better and a stronger person.
- I’m thankful for great neighbors who look out for me and my home.
- I’m thankful for still having all my siblings and grateful that the circle remains unbroken.
I would like to thank each of my readers for the follow as well as your comments and I wish each of you a very Happy, Blessed and Safe Thanksgiving. What will you being thankful for this holiday?
You may also like: 11 Tips to Reduce Holiday Stress