I love living in the country. Although I’ve had many opportunities to move to the big city, it was never an option for me. Most days we take things for granted.We get up in the morning and go about our day without taking notice of the beauty that surrounds us.
Yesterday, I got a reminder of why I love the country life. I was weeding the shrubbery beds and heard horses in the back of the property, so I ran around the yard to see what was happening since I don’t own horses. I found cowboys riding through the back of the property. I ran in the house to grab the camera, which I have learned to leave by the back door and started snapping pictures.
Not only did they ride through the back of my property, they rode through my neighborhood. It was so refreshing and unexpected. I’m a lover of horses, so I truly believe they were sent as a reminder to enjoy what I love.
As the day went on, I thought about why I loved my neighborhood and living the country life. Here are 10 reason I love country living:
- I know my neighbors, and love knowing that I can always count on them.
- I love having enough land where my grandchildren can run freely.
- I love stepping out onto my deck and being able to breath in clean, fresh air.
- I love watching deer, rabbits, and squirrels run and play in my back yard.
- I love having enough land to grow fresh vegetables and being surrounded by butchers for fresh cuts of meat, farmers for fresh eggs, and orchard growers for fresh fruits.
- I love being able to bird watch in my backyard.
- I love being able to raise my grandchildren in a safe and friendly environment.
- I love being able to see trees and beautiful colors in the fall.
- I love being able to live in the country, but close enough to a city when I need a change of environment.
- I love moments of surprise, cowboys riding through your back property and through your neighborhood.
Are you a city or country blogger? What do you enjoy about your neighborhood/city?